11.05.2008

HISTORY is made



Well put Mr. Marshall Ramsey, well put.

There is no question, President-elect Obama did a beautiful job selling himself to the country. I am interested to watch what happens next. Senator McCain had a most sincere and patriotic speech. I was touched. He is a true American and I was proud of him last night. I have never heard nor read such a gracious speech by a conceding candidate.

McCain:
"Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans, and please believe me when I say no association has meant more to me than that."

"Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much. And tonight, I remain her servant. "


Obama:
"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer."


"Its the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

I am Proud to be American. I am Proud of my country and my president.

No comments: