2.09.2012

Getting Organized

I have struggled getting organized. I am not there. I have fits and spurts. My goal is to finish unpacking this year. I mean I've lived here for a long time. I may make it I may not, but I will try.

I am currently working with a plan:
1) mail... 1 stop. I had recently spent hours organizing mail and files. I am not quite done with old medical flies but the rest is pretty complete. I vowed never to do it again (this probably isn't true, but I can hope, right).. But, this week, I have brought the mail in and handled it. When I let the dogs out after getting home, I deal with the mail. Why haven't I done this before?

2) have a cleaning plan in the house (now I don't have Ellen's house)so I can vacuum or sweep the house on Mondays (I actually do it daily... have you met my dogs). But, I do dust on Tuesdays now.

3) Using the 2012 Declutter and Organizing - this has been working, so far. Today, I have to declutter a bedroom shelf, I can handle it.

4) Don't leave a room empty handed. This isn't as bad as you'd think. I always am moving stuff around. And sometimes, I pick something up to put in the donate box.

5) yes, that donate box. I have one. I have it hidden in the spare shower right now, because I can't decide where to put it, but it has stuff in it. That is a start.

Wish me luck.

No comments: